Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Name of the Game Was Murder

Any Joan Lowry Nixon fans out there?  She wrote some great teen mysteries with tame romances attached.  Here is one that does not bear a romance, but had a really cool puzzle involved with the mystery.  And as I am posting directly from Goodreads, it may bear some references to that in the reviews.  I hope you don't mind.  Also, they are shorter than what I will be posting (probably) for my regular reviews here.  Still, they give a flavor for the books.

  *  *  *  *  *

I'm trying to make an attempt to add everything? (eek!) I have ever read onto Goodreads. This will be an interesting exercise, to say the least. I picked this book since I have read it so many times and I can see it from my bed.

Nixon always does an excellent job of drawing in the reader, making her feel for the protagonist. I can't really remember if I solved the mystery when I first read the book, but it is an interesting little puzzle. And the murderer is unexpected as well. Some of the story is a bit dated now, since some of the characters claim to not be familiar with computers, and today that would be near impossible. However, there is something about this little mystery that makes me smile when I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment